The "joy of movement"
Take...The First Step Club (#TTFS)
Welcome! We are a non-profit club supporting and encouraging walkers and runners of all levels. Our goal is to facilitate a healthy lifestyle by providing instruction, camaraderie, and resources. We sponsor events that create opportunities for fitness education, while raising funds for major charities such as Miles for Moffitt (7 years), Shriners Hospitals for Children-Tampa and others.
In 2014, we held the inaugural Miles for Minds 5k and 1 mile Fun Run at Lake Park. In 2015-2016, we organized a new Carrollwood Village Community Fitness Series of 5k events to celebrate the 'joy of movement'.
Follow us on social media-#milesforminds5ktampa #TTFS
Want to get involved? We welcome volunteers and those interested in sponsoring this worthwhile event; contact us!
The club founder, Lynn Gray, is an RRCA certified running coach and lifelong fitness enthusiast. Lynn has been coaching individuals of all levels for over 15 years and offers a variety of training programs in addition to providing club leadership.
TTFS club hosts meetings at least three times per year with a well-known fitness speaker. Club members often meet up on the weekends for organized long runs. Membership also provides discount opportunities at specific local retailers. If you need a jumpstart to your fitness routine and would like to join a group of walkers/runners, contact us today! See the contact form below or join online here.
New and returning members are welcome! Check back often for updates to the Events Calendar and Socials & guest lecture events. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and join the group on LinkedIn. Use the hashtag #TTFS to tag your social media posts in support of the club! We love to see pictures of our Club members participating in a healthy lifestyle!
Look for the TTFS Club table at the following events:
* Special Discounts for TTFS Club Members, contact TTFSRunningClub@gmail.com
In remembrance of Candace Curtiss 1958-2015
Take...The First Step Club board member/treasurer
Avid runner, office manager at Lincks & Associates and inspiration to all
- Long runs have changed back to SATURDAY mornings. 6:00am start time most weekends, look for a note to circulate. Reply if you are planning to do the long run so water stops can be stocked.
- A bathroom will always be available at the start and finish of a run.
- Water and Gatorade usually supplied on course.
- Advice: for Sunday race events-do not run on Saturday.
- We welcome all TTFS Inc. Club members, non-members, and all ability levels & walkers (can’t walk/run-then bike.)
- Group leaders/coaches indicated will make sure you are not alone and will not get lost. Group leaders may change in case of a conflict.